L'Arche Daybreak (Richmond Hill, Toronto) is currently seeking applicants to join the Day Program Team in the role of Program Leader to cover a maternity leave.
As the program leader you work in collaboration with the program assistant(s) in providing appropriate support to the core members who attend the Day Program by:
- empowering core members to make choices that will ensure that they have a meaningful & engaging day
- collaborating with other team members to support the physical, psychological and emotional well being of the core members;
- responding to each core member’s individual needs by respectfully supporting them with daily living skills, personal care, and where needed, administer medication;
- encouraging core members to achieve the highest level of independence in their vocational skills and relationships;
- assisting core members in building skills in appropriate areas
- lead the team meetings, participate in HL/PL meetings and other community processes as appropriate
- orienting new assistants, relief/part time people as well as volunteers
- Communicating with core member’s family and other supports as is appropriate
- Providing guidance to team members through the Servant Leadership model of leadership
Details in attached document.