· The proposed start date is January 2017 for the period of 1 year.
· This role could be from 60% time to full time (depending on candidate’s availability)
· This role is part of the Servant Leadership team. The person in this role will be accountable to the Servant Leadership Coordinator (Amy Demoulin), and will be expected to work on their own from their location (virtual team)
· The focus of the role is to attract candidates from Canadian sources as well as manage the process for some candidates from international sources.
1. Maintain sources for candidates such as universities, colleges, clubs, faith based organizations, volunteer organizations, and more. Post the opportunity for L’Arche at these sources.
2. Manage database of sources, and seek new recruiting activities and contacts.
3. Work closely with the Recruitment Coordinator in Quebec (Louise Provost)
4. Work with Servant Leadership team to develop and implement easy and accessible promotional materials.
5. Oversee the content on the Recruitment website,
6. Manage the existing applications system, follow ups, connection with regional Leaders and as necessary, Assistant Coordinators.
7. Conduct initial interviews with Canadian applicants.
8. Work with existing pilot projects, develop pilots with new communities
9. Collaborate with Outreach (overlap between outreach and recruitment)
Skills, Orientation and Experience
· Passion for this mission
o To attract best fit assistants to L’Arche Canada communities each year
· Determined problem solver
o There will be support and direction from the Servant Leadership team, but this individual needs to figure out ways to respond to challenges and create success.
· Initiative taker with accomplishment orientation
o Action orientation with ability to decide what needs to be done next and get it done.
· Organized and independent
o Although there is frequent contact with 29 communities, hundreds of candidates interested in the role and members of the recruiting network, this person will work quite independently.
· Engaging and articulate presence
o Needs to be an engaging presence on the phone, at presentations, on Skype interviews and through email in order to engage candidates and maintain contacts.
o Needs to represent L’Arche in an articulate manner.
· Strong interpersonal skills
o Desire and ability to work in partnership with Assistants Coordinators and others in 29 communities.
· L’Arche experience
o Needs to have minimum of 2 years’ experience at L’Arche although the successful candidate will likely have more experience.
· Language skills
o Bilingual language skills are a strong asset in this role, however second language support is available if needed.
· The successful candidate will be trained on all aspects of the role including interview skills, building and maintaining the database, networking skills and presentation skills.
How to Apply
· Please direct any enquiries about the role to Amy Demoulin email@example.com
· Submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your desire for and fit with this role by January 2nd 2017 to Tammy Bartel at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Interviews will be conducted on January 5 and 6th 2017.